On the 8th of March 2006 I logged into Google Blogger for the first time and created my first blog, since then my blog has had many names, starting with Noscere's World to today with Jim's World.
I still can't believe that it was nearly 15 years ago. It didn't take long, a couple of years or so, before I came up with the idea of adding audio to my posts so that people could listen to my blogs instead of just reading them, at the time technology didn't have the means for me to do this, the only possibly was old school podcasting and I didn't have the funds or knowledge to use this avenue.
Good or bad the only place where I could do make my idea reality was on YouTube, so I created my first channel and forgot all about my plans to add my voice to my blog, falling head over heals in love with the idea of video blogging.
Fast forward nearly 15 years and countless YouTube channels later, the need to blog hit me again and once again the idea of adding audio to my blog posts is at the forefront of my mind. This time I have the means and the knowledge to add to videos and audio via YouTube and my podcast.
With that in mind, there are a few old posts that I have made that really need to be brought up to date with one of the above. Some posts are about paganism, some about emergency preparedness, others could be about bushcraft or even the paranormal, but they all have one thing in common. They all play a big part in my world.
To start the ball rolling on my new, or old venture, which ever you want to see it, I thought it would be a good idea to tell you a little bit more about me, the me outside of being a Norse pagan.
And what better way to do this than in the age old YouTube 10 things about me format.
Starting at number 1
1. I am a huge horror movie fan. (In case you didn't already know).
When it comes to horror movies I admit it, I am very anal. I hate it when movie writers and producers change a character's lore and history just so that it fits in with their movie idea.
Example, vampires burn, they explode and die if they are exposed to sunlight, no they can not have this magical ring passed down through the ages that allows then to walk in day light and no, they do not sparkle a bit.
They explode and die. In gaming circles this is called God modding and is frowned on, what's more I don't like it at all, it's just lazy.
2. When it comes to horrors, I like post apocalyptic and zombie movies, I don't like the gore for the sake if gore movies, There has to be a story line preferably one which doesn't involve 5 or more teenagers on a spring break who go off to their uncles cabins in the woods, you know what I mean.
The only exception to this would have to be Evil Dead which is a classic
3. Ok, in the late 1990’s I was diagnosed with depression and what is now known as Generalised anxiety disorder. I am managing to keep both under control now by spending less time around technology and more time out doors.
4. Now this one might come as a bit of a surprise to some of you but my all time favourite movie isn't a horror it's not even slightly apocalyptic. My favourite movie and book is The original Wuthering heights.
5. My first name is not Jim or James, my first name is actually Jodie. I started using James because in their wisdom either my Mom or my Dad spelled my name the girls way. Probably my Dad as he was the one who registered my birth.
Thanks Dad.. or Mom.
6. I am partially colour blind. I can see primary and secondary colours but after that, any other colour just looks like the dark or light version of a primary or secondary colour.
Some colours just look confusing, I just don't know what it is.
When we are decorating at home my wife picks the colour scheme and has to write on the paint tin lid where she wants that colour putting, you know.. walls, ceiling.
7. I work in a waist recycling plant, basically I stand by a conveyor belt and sort through all the recycled stuff you have thrown away. The job is dirty, fast paced and at times heavy. It's not unusual to have dead rats come down the line, which of course need to be put in the container for none recyclable, not all the rats that come down the line are dead though.
Even though my job is dirty and at times hard, I love my job and at the moment, I wouldn't change it.
8. I am married and have been for over 22 years, I have 7 children, though most you could not call children now, my eldest has 5 kids of her own and her eldest has recently became a Dad to his own daughter, making me a Great Grandfather.
Thanks George, totally appreciate that one.
9. Faith wise as well as being a Norse Pagan I am also an animist. Meaning that I believe that everything has a consciousness and a spirit attached to it, even rocks, plants and in time tables and, well everything.
I have had this belief since I was a small kid.
I remember times when I would accidentally knock into a table or chair and apologise to what ever it was. It's just something I do.
10. When I was in my early 20's I appeared in a movie with Sean Bean and Melanie Griffiths as an extra.
That's me in the middle with Rob on my left and Andrea on my right. Damn but I look so young, it's hard to believe that I was in my 20's when that picture was taken.
We were paid £20 a day and had to sign a disclosure saying that we accept that our names were not going to be shown in the credits.
I have a few tales to tell about that day but I'm going to save those for another time.
11. This is a bonus one for those of you who have stuck around until the end.
So number 11. I don't watch TV, with the exception of a few movies I like to loose myself in from time to time, I don't like TV and avoid it.
If I was given the choice I wouldn't have one in the house. But that's just me..
So there you have it, 10 things about me, and a bonus thing. Now that you know me a little bit better how about you tell me something about you..
Go on, I dare you.